Monday 6 January 2014

a fresh start for the new year


It's been over 2 years since my last post. After a long hiatus I have decided to start recording some of the things I'm working on. There's a lot of mistakes  and failures involved in being creative, I learn from them all.


A recipe journal for my mother inspired by a workshop I did with Jessie Chorley in London earlier this year.







I used an old book called Autocrat of the Breakfast Table, which I found in that amazing second-hand bookshop in Wantage.




Inside I stuck blank, graph or brown paper for plain pages, indispersed with old adverts, kitchen tip, cooking times and recipes that are part of my mother's story.





I made a secret window in the back portion of the book, gluing the pages together. Inside I put a tiny doll's mug and used some doll's house wallpaper.




I am pleased with it, but wish the pages weren't so crunkled. I think I'll try using spray mount for the next journal.


It's finished now, apart from a tiny knife, fork and spoon set which I'm going to sew to the smaller button on the front of the journal.














No comments:

Post a Comment